Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Safe in Heaven Dead

I saw a documentary on Kerouac last night that painted him in a way I had never quite seen. Or perhaps my opinion of the man and his work has matured out of adoration to genuine analysis and critique. Reviewing some of his words, I still find them uplifting in the most profound way something can be. Exuberant in joy to the point of suffering for it, post-modern anguish to the point of joy.

What I saw in him, and heard from those who knew him and some that were around when the cultural bomb of On the Road came out, was that he held in his hands the dual traumas of wanting nothing more in life than to be taken seriously as a writer and the refusal to accept convention. He could, say his contemporaries, "write in any style you want". He choose to write exactly what he wanted with no capitulation to expectancy or form.

His slide into the alcoholism that would eventually contribute to his death was a result of his impossible success. He was trying to kill himself the only way a good Catholic can. There was nothing left to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are all over 180 dollars on every site. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices as regards the velcros are around 330 pounds everwhere. But completely I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices seeking the velcros were about 170 dollars everwhere. But for all I set this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that exact brand. The prices as regards the boots are all over 340 pounds on every site. But for all I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what is your opinion?