Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I love this old hip-hop shit, man"

So, if you've talked to me much or ridden around in my car, you probably know how much I love hip-hop. I'm the equivalent of a Star Wars geek: I know album release dates, real names of MCs, who has worked together, general religio-political philosophies of major MCs, the origin and meaning of obscure terms like "5% Nation", "8 Million Stories", "Overstanding", etc etc. I cannot really trace the pathology that has led me to love this music or to somehow identify with it (though I have tried), but it actually means quite a bit to me. I could expound a great deal, and plan to once I have graduated from the Rock the Bells festival this weekend:




I'm so excited I think I just peed in my pants a little bit.

2 comments:

Geenie said...

It goes well with my drool

Unknown said...

Word is bond, from here to medina